The International Photodynamic Association is calling for abstract submissions for the upcoming 18th World Congress in Tampere, Finland.
We are seeking abstracts for all research related to photodynamic action in diagnosis (PDD) and therapy (PDT) in all clinical and cosmetic applications. This includes but is not necessarily limited to
- Oncology, dermatology, antimicrobial, ophthalmology, immunology and other indications
- Novel photosensitizer (organic, metal-based compounds and nanoparticles or nanoconstructs)
- Photosensitizer targeting (new applications and indications)
- New insights into the mechanisms, hypoxia and normoxia
- In silicon, in vitro, pre-clinical, translational and clinical studies can be submitted
- PDT excitation mechanisms, by optical single photon and multi-photon excitation, ultrasound, x-ray are welcome
- PDT dosimetry, light and photosensitizer, treatment monitoring and planning are also topics of the congress.
See full list of the congress topics here
- PDT in Neuro-oncology
- Nanotechnology for Cancer PDT
- Photosensitizer Systems: Organic
- PDT in Urology and Gynecological Oncology
- Intracellular Mechanism of PDT in Cancer
- Capabilities of 5-ALA
- PDT in Ophthalmology
- PDT for Thoracic Malignant Tumors
- PDT in Head and Neck Cancer
- Anti-microbial PDT: Applied & Mechanistic Insights
- PCI and photoactivation in drug delivery
- PDT in Global Health
- Dosimetry and Interstitial PDT
- Application of Novel PDT Light Sources
- PD & PDT for Gastrointestinal Neoplastic Lesions
- Photosensitizer Systems: Inorganic
- Nanotechnology for Cancer Photodiagnosis
- Modelling Mechanisms of PDT Effect on Tumors
- PDT’s Role in Vaccine
- Photodynamics and Ionizing Radiation
- New insight into mechanism for normoxic and hypoxic conditions.
- Targeted Photosensitizers
- Single and Multiphoton excitation of Photosensitizers
An abstract should be 0.75—1.5 pages long, and must include an introduction, methods, results and discussion. Please include 3 keywords in your submission.
Inquiries pertaining to the abstract submissions can be sent to the following email → [email protected]
NEWS! The abstract deadline was extended. The abstracts will be accepted until the end of Monday 27th February 2023 (Pacific Time). See the list of important dates here.
The IPA and the Elsevier Journal "Photodiagnostics and Photodynamic Therapy" plan to publish a special issue of all of the accepted presentations at the IPA-23 World Congress and hence transfer of the copyrights is requested upon submission of your abstracts and summaries. The copyright is returned to the submitting authors for submissions not accepted for presentation. Ron Allison, the journal's Chief Editor welcomes all presenters of accepted presentations to submit also full papers pertaining the presented work.